Quality Assurance : As a registered training organisation (RTO) Hammond Institute operates within the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework (VETQF) and the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) delivering nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency.
Duration: 6 Months
Delivery Mode: Workplace / Traineeship, Online
Start Date: Enrol Anytime
Recognition: Nationally Recognised Training
The following employment pathways are available to learners who complete Certificate IV in Health Administration:
- Clinical Coding Administrator
- Health HR Supervisor
- Health Services Supervisor
- Medical Records Team Leader
- Administrative role in a medical / health environment
- Ward clerk
- Executive assistant
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in the certificate IV level course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Students must satisfy the following age, English and Academic requirements:
- Age: must be 17 years or over
- Undertake Pre-Training Review
- Undertake LLN and digital numeracy assessment: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to participate in the course.
- Moderate level of computer literacy and has access to a computer or laptop with an internet access
The course fee for the course is $4000, which includes all course materials and assessments. We understand that paying the full fee upfront can be challenging for some students, which is why we offer easy interest free installment plans to make it more affordable. We also have discounted plans available for eligible students, so be sure to ask us about these options when you enquire.
Contact us at 03 8370 3170 or 0435 334 552 for further information.
The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- lectures / Instructions
- demonstrations and modelling
- practice opportunities
- brainstorming activities
- group discussions
- guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- Delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement.
- The unit of competency will be delivered and assessed as stand-alone unit.
- Virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams)
- Dandenong (Level 1, 243 Lonsdale Str., Dandenong 3175 VIC)
- Werribee (Suite 20, 2-14 Station Pl., Werribee 3030 VIC)
Additional locations may be allocated to meet a group of learner cohort’s needs and based on demand (if practicable for the RTO)
Assessment method may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Workplace Assessment
- Log Book
- Projects / Research Reviews
All assessment will be conducted in accordance with the Training Package requirements, Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence (https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards/chapter-4/clauses-1.8-1.12)
The HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration requires 14 units of Competency.
6 core units and 8 elective units.
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
Industry Suggested Electives:
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with Influence|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBOPS405||Organise business meetings|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBTEC404||Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace|
Other Electives options are available. Discuss options with the course coordinator.
Credit Transfer and RPL offered: Recognition of prior learning and skills assessment.