Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management qualification reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. You will work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. You will undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic directions. At this level, you have responsibility for planning and monitoring service delivery, recruitment and performance management of other paid or unpaid workers, managing risk and contributing to continuous improvement within the scope of their specific role. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
- Prospective students must have completed a Diploma qualification (or above) in the Community Services training package prior to enrolling in the qualification.
- Students who are currently not employed in a management/supervisory role in the Community Services sector will need to have an endorsement form signed by their employer as this qualification includes a number of tasks which need to be completed in the workplace.
Students must satisfy the following age, English and Academic requirements:
- Age: must be 18 years or over
- Undertake an LLN test: Learning (ACSF Level 4), reading (ACSF Level 3), writing (ACSF Level 3), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to participate in the course.
Pathways to the Qualification:
- Bachelors of Education
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Centre Manager
- Community Services Manager
Qualification Structure: Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management is made up of 13 units. This covers 8 core units and 5 elective units.
- 8 core units
- 5 elective units Core units
|CHCDIV003||Manage and promote diversity|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCMGT001||Develop, implement and review quality framework|
|CHCMGT003||Lead the work team|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|CHCCCS007||Develop and implement service programs|
|CHCCOM003||Develop workplace communication strategies|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCPOL002||Develop and implement policy|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complextext documents|
Electives units may vary depending on the requirements. The elective units will be discussed prior to the enrolment.