Quality Assurance : As a registered training organisation (RTO) Hammond Institute operates within the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework (VETQF) and the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) delivering nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency.
Duration : 10 Weeks
Delivery Mode: Blended (online live virtual classes)
Start Date: Enrol Anytime
Recognition: Nationally Recognised Training
The CHCSS00129 Individual Support – Ageing Skill Set is a comprehensive training program tailored to prepare you for a fulfilling career as an aged care worker. This skill set encompasses a range of vital topics, focusing on person-centered care, effective communication, and safety protocols. Throughout the course, you will gain practical insights into providing care and support to the elderly while respecting their individuality, dignity, and cultural background.
Upon successful completion of the CHCSS00129 – Individual Support – Ageing Skill Set, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to pursue a rewarding career in the aged care sector. You may find employment opportunities in various settings, including:
- Aged care facilities and nursing homes.
- Home and community care organizations.
- Retirement villages and assisted living facilities.
- Respite care services.
- Hospice and palliative care centers.
This skill set is for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or a related field, work in various care and support roles and who wish to develop skills in providing person-centred support to older people, within the delegations of an established individualised plan.
|Students must satisfy the following age, English, and Academic requirements:
In undertaking this course, you must have access to the following:
The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- lectures / Instructions
- demonstrations and modelling
- practice opportunities
- brainstorming activities
- group discussions
- guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- The delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement.
- The unit of competency will be delivered and assessed as a stand-alone unit.
- Virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams)
- Dandenong (Level 1, 243 Lonsdale Str., Dandenong 3175 VIC)
- Werribee (Suite 20, 2-14 Station Pl., Werribee 3030 VIC)
Additional locations may be allocated to meet a group of learner cohort’s needs and based on demand (if practicable for the RTO)
Assessment method may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Projects / Research Reviews
All assessment will be conducted in accordance with the Training Package requirements, Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence (https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards/chapter-4/clauses-1.8-1.12)
To be eligible for the award of a Statement of Attainment for the CHCSS00129 – Individual Support – Ageing, participants must successfully complete four units comprising:
• five (5) Core units
Where the full course is not completed, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for any completed unit/s.
Provide support to people living with dementia
Work effectively in aged care
Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
Provide individualised support
Deliver care services using a palliative approach