Quality Assurance : As a registered training organisation (RTO) Hammond Institute operates within the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework (VETQF) and the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) delivering nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency.
22540VIC - Course in Supporting People with Complex Personal Care Needs, including Behaviours of Concern
Duration : 22 Weeks
Delivery Mode: Blended (online live virtual classes)
Start Date: Enrol Anytime
Recognition: Nationally Recognised Training
You will be learning
- Apply a human rights based approach to the identification reporting and prevention of disability abuse
- Identify and provide initial response to family violence risk
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Meet personal support needs
- Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- Recognise healthy body systems
There are no mandatory entry requirements for the 22540VIC Course in Course in Supporting People with Complex Personal Care Needs, Including Behaviours of Concern
Students must satisfy the following age, English, and Academic requirements:
Age: must be 17 years or over
Undertake Pre-Training Review
Undertake LLN test: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to participate in the course
Skills First Funding Avaliable
For a full list of fees, please refer to our Statement of Fees.
To be eligible for Victorian government subsidised training fees, the candidate must meet the Skills First eligibility criteria.
To check your eligibility, contact us at 03 8370 3170 or 0435 334 552
The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- lectures / Instructions
- demonstrations and modelling
- practice opportunities
- brainstorming activities
- group discussions
- guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- The delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement.
- The unit of competency will be delivered and assessed as a stand-alone unit.
- Virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams)
- Dandenong (Level 1, 243 Lonsdale Str., Dandenong 3175 VIC)
- Werribee (Suite 20, 2-14 Station Pl., Werribee 3030 VIC)
Additional locations may be allocated to meet a group of learner cohort’s needs and based on demand (if practicable for the RTO)
Assessment method may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Projects / Research Reviews
All assessment will be conducted in accordance with the Training Package requirements, Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence (https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards/chapter-4/clauses-1.8-1.12)
To receive a Statement of Attainment for 22540VIC Course in Supporting People with Complex Personal Care Needs, Including Behaviours of Concern, the candidate must successfully complete a total of eight (8) units comprising:
• seven (7) Core units, plus
• one (1) Specialisation unit.
|VU22853||Apply a human rights based approach to the identification reporting and prevention of disability abuse|
|VU22733||Identify and provide initial response to family violence risk|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|CHCCCS002||Assist with movement|
|VU22868||provide tracheostomy care|
Hammond Institute does not use brokers or deliver this course through third party arrangements.