Quality Assurance : As a registered training organisation (RTO) Hammond Institute operates within the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework (VETQF) and the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) delivering nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency.
CHCSS00097 - Individual Support-Ageing Skill Set
Duration : 10 Weeks
Delivery Mode: Blended (online live virtual classes)
Start Date: Enrol Anytime
Recognition: Nationally Recognised Training
This skill set reflects the skill requirements for providing person centred support to older people in various settings.
Upon completion of the CHCSS00097 Individual Support Ageing Skill Set, learners may be eligible to work in a range of roles in the ageing support sector, including as ageing support workers, personal care assistants, or community access workers.
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
• hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or related field
• have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process.
|Students must satisfy the following age, English, and Academic requirements:
Age: must be 17 years or over
Undertake Pre-Training Review
Undertake LLN test: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication, and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) are desirable to participate in the course.
Skills First Funding Avaliable
For a full list of fees, please refer to our Statement of Fees.
To be eligible for Victorian government subsidised training fees, the candidate must meet the Skills First eligibility criteria.
To check your eligibility, contact us at 03 8370 3170 or 0435 334 552
The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- lectures / Instructions
- demonstrations and modelling
- practice opportunities
- brainstorming activities
- group discussions
- guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- The delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement.
- The unit of competency will be delivered and assessed as a stand-alone unit.
- Virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams)
- Dandenong (Level 1, 243 Lonsdale Str., Dandenong 3175 VIC)
- Werribee (Suite 20, 2-14 Station Pl., Werribee 3030 VIC)
Additional locations may be allocated to meet a group of learner cohort’s needs and based on demand (if practicable for the RTO)
These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications in the CHC Community Services Training Package at Certificate III or Certificate IV level.
Assessment method may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Projects / Research Reviews
All assessment will be conducted in accordance with the Training Package requirements, Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence (https://www.asqa.gov.au/standards/chapter-4/clauses-1.8-1.12)
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
Hammond Institute does not use brokers or deliver this course through third party arrangements.